1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I don't know what would be more embarrassing for them: being two men sharing a milkshake in front of the Eiffel Tower, or being in Paris and going to a Five Guys.

JimmyHoward33 and sgreenwell like this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I would agree, although there may be a possibility he made some of the comments after he signed, or he may have told them the comments were from years earlier and the E found out there were more recent ones.

3. nietsroob17

You had ONE job, social media poster. ONE JOB.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Batman likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Waiting for a tweet from Lenny and/or Lodi bitching about gimmick infringement.

5. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

With this in mind, does the WWE have competition now?

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  6. nietsroob17

If they bring back the Nitro theme, I'm going to flip.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

So many moving pieces. Is the show 1 hour or 2? Is it always on tnt or will it move around turner properties? Did they not release the day and time because theyre trying to get Tuesdays from the nba?

Also this tweet should’ve said “rasslin” for billionaire ted

Im excited if its Tuesday. The way my job is, its gonna be hard to watch wrestling on Fridays and my after work Tuesday is going to be empty. I imagine this is true for a lot of people out there. If they go on Tuesday they’re going to do very well, maybe average a million or more if wwe averages 2ish.

8. Baron Scicluna

If they start shooting off fireworks in the middle of matches because it’s “Hour Number 2,” I’m going to scream.

9. Baron Scicluna

“Welcome to .... AEW ... IS ... JERICHO!!!”

John B. Foster likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, I don’t want them going on Monday nights. Let them build an audience for a few years before trying to take on Vince.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wait until they bring back Tony Schiavone to call the third hour and start plugging the Robin Hood reboot coming on at 11 sharp.

12. Baron Scicluna

That Robin Hood thing was one of my biggest peeves during the whole Monday Night Wars. I lost a lot of sympathy for WCW over it.

I wonder if they’d be able to get away with that today. They would get destroyed on the Twitterverse.

Draft saved Draft deleted