1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2019 Golf Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Just saw shots on the Golf Channel of DJ's practice round. He looked cold.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"You know, stepped outside and I got those bumps on my arms and, you know, had to put on a coat..."

Alma likes this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

As opposed to leaving a bump on his arm and vacuuming it up with his schnoz.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

https://nypost.com/2019/05/14/tiger-woods-burns-john-daly-with-surprising-cart-complaint/

Tiger throws major shade, mentions walking with a stress fracture in his tibia two days before ACL surgery.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'd put this on the Tiger-is-a-fuckup thread but, search function.

Tiger Woods sued in death of drunk driver

Even though he's now permanently on my shit list for his frequent ballwashing of Trump, this headline is a bit inflammatory, IMO.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

He's still plugging along, by the way. Head coach at Oregon and just missed on getting out of U.S. Open local qualifying in Washington.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

There’s a sizable difference between a guy born with a degenerative disease and a big, fat fuck who has abused his body for 40 years ...just saying.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's unfair to second-guess Daly's osteoarthritis. But when you appear to have given up taking care of yourself and go through heaters in a round like a 30-handicap goes through Titleists, you've lost the benefit of the doubt.

CD Boogie likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Precisely. And frankly, whether he has osteoarthritis or not is a moot factor for me. If you can't hold up physically to the demands of the sport, you can't play it. I don't think Casey Martin should have been allowed to use a cart, either.

JC likes this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Based on track records, tiger and Donald are both narcissistic hedonists. White privilege is a myth, green privilege is a fact.

Draft saved Draft deleted