1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2019 Golf Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 31, 2018.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Phil, Rory and Day is another made-for-TV special.

There should be a line on the combined score in the group of Yang, Beem and Daly. Bet the over.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the "Remember These Motherfuckers?" threesome of Daly, Rich Beem and Y.E. Yang.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The staff at Bethpage have to be thrilled that Daly will be in a cart in those water-logged fairways.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Do they have a special tow cart ready?

5. BitterYoungMatador2

I'm really shocked there isn't more of a debate going on about Daly and the cart. Koepka's weight loss got more airtime than this, probably because dude is about 53 and everyone thinks you could let him ride around the course in his motorhome and he still won't come close to the cut line.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My man Barnrat draws Max Homa and Sneds. That should be a fun group.

7. playthrough

I went to the 2002 Bethpage U.S. Open and will never forget seeing Daly on Sunday. He shot something in the 80s on Saturday so he was first out on Sunday. Shows up on the range with a huge McDonald's cup (Diet Coke ... maybe), hits three towering short irons, pounds three drivers and heads for the first tee. My Dad and I got to the 18th grandstand very early to save seats, knowing we wouldn't see anything for hours -- but Daly came through in about 2:15. And shot a respectable 73.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Oh.....you can be sure there was Diet Coke in the cup.........and some Jack.
    I was all set to go to Broadmoor last year and watch him in the U.S. Senior Open, but then the USGA and him got into the pissing match, so he WD.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Cool but (finally) dry Tuesday. Warms up Wednesday. Tournament days look pretty good.

The Black will still play longer, and the rough figures to be brutal. But if it’s around 70 and dry for four days, should be a double-digit-under par winner.

Gotta think the PGA will set it up similar to the Barclays, not what the USGA does.

Will play as par 70. No. 7 goes from a likely birdie on a par 5 to a long-ass par 4.

playthrough likes this.
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

JT out with a wrist injury.

11. playthrough

So much for this being the first major with everyone in the Top 100 OWGR.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

Draft saved Draft deleted