1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 9)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Both teams play gorgeous soccer. City are just relentless, they wear you down mentally with their movement.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

And financially with their slave-gotten oil money!

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If you're going to like pro sports, it's wise not to look too closely at the ownership of any team.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Wow. They rescinded Holobas' red card from yesterday's match against West Ham, meaning he's available for Saturday's FA Cup final against City. That's a huge turn of events. Holebas is not only Watford's best defender, he's by far their best player when it comes to corners and long throw-ins.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. Regan MacNeil

I'd like to think they'd get punished for so very obviously cheating, but when is there ever justice in this world?

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

8. Regan MacNeil

Leeds whining after every call or non-call is getting a little Barca-esque.

9. Regan MacNeil

Derby goes through 4-2 on the night, 4-3 on aggregate. Match finished 9 v 9.

Derby v. Aston Villa for the final PL spot.

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

That's a pretty gigantic upset by Derby. Amazing. Suspect Villa will make easy work of them, but who knows?

They haven't been much since the 1970s, but Derby were one of the original members of the Football League. Kind of have a soft spot for them. Then again, Birmingham should have a Premier League team. Not much else going for that city.

11. Regan MacNeil

Would much rather have Derby up than Villa.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Me, too. I just think it's strange when the second biggest city in England doesn't have a club in the EPL.

I would have liked to have seen Leeds come up. That's a team that belongs in the top division.

Draft saved Draft deleted