1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Do YOU believe that I believe that?

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I put that piece of s*** on ignore a long time ago. Troll.

Vombatus and Spartan Squad like this.
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

expendable and Liut like this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I apologize on behalf of Boston, where sports radio, as it does everywhere, operates on the principle that all sports fans are irredeemable assholes.

expendable and Liut like this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Thanks. That helps ... some.

Not because you didn't do your part - you did - but because this kind of crap is flat-out inexcusable. Worse, the WWL pretty much shrugged its shoulders to it when it was brought up on Outside The Lines.

I'm sure no one at the WWL would be upset if Marty Smith were treated in the same manner, right?

expendable likes this.
  6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Those mass holes are making me pull for Raleigh again. I kid, Sam. I kid.

7. Sam Mills 51

Heh. All good.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Not NHL but what the hell.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Petr Mrazek has turned back into Petr Mrazek

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I got a lot more questions answered durng call-in pressers with my drawl in place than I ever did while using a generic US non-accent.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Press release from the Ducks on one of this thread's favorite players:

Ryan Kesler underwent successful right hip resurfacing surgery on Thursday, May 9 in New York. The surgery was performed by Dr. Edwin Su. Hip resurfacing is a bone-preserving hip replacement that can provide pain relief and increase function in normal activities of daily living. The surgery does leave open the possibility that Kesler could resume his NHL career following a lengthy recovery.

“As we all know, Ryan has been fiercely battling his condition for quite some time,” said Executive Vice President/General Manager Bob Murray. “I’ve been extremely impressed by his determination to play despite being significantly injured. At this point, Ryan needs to think about his life and family. The pain he felt was significant and we agree with his decision to have this surgery. While it’s unlikely he will play in 2019-20, we will support any decision he makes about his future playing career. He deserves the utmost respect, which he will receive from the entire Ducks organization as he contemplates his future.”

“At this point in my career, this surgery was the best option for my quality of life,” said Kesler. “The pain I was suffering has been greatly reduced since the procedure, and I’m grateful for that. While my playing future is unknown, I’m in a good place. I want to thank all the doctors and trainers as part of ‘Team Kesler,’ my teammates, my agent Kurt Overhardt, the Ducks organization, the fans, and most importantly, my family, for their support. I’m extremely appreciative of everyone who has helped me through the process. I look forward to spending more time with my family and doing everyday activities without pain.”

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

West finals tied at 1 after Blues take Game 2. Of course, Sharks have lost Game 2 in the first two series.

St. Louis played a smarter game tonight. May have been trying to intimidate a bit too much in Game 1, but not tonight. It's gonna come down to Blues' physical style vs. San Jose's speed.

Draft saved Draft deleted