1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

People who don’t know when to take their turn at a four-way stop. North and south both go then east and west. Rinse and repeat.

But some people throw off the pattern and you end up with one car at a time crisscrossing.

Tweener likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Designs that only unlock the driver's side door. I have a Ford that only has one lock, on the driver's door. Walk up to the passenger side and you can't unlock the door.

Ditto our old Toyota Rav-4. It has the (wonky pain in the ass) dealer add on security system including a clicker to disarm it and unlock the doors. Again, it only unlocks the driver's door.

Security over convenience, I suppose.

3. ringer

ringer Active Member

When people use "women" as an adjective, i.e. women runners, women senators.
    The adjective is FEMALE.

CD Boogie likes this.
  4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

There's your first mistake.

expendable and TigerVols like this.
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

legit. that's just ignorant. I mean, how would it sound to say "men runners"?

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The unlock button for my old Dodge truck quit working long ago, so I have to use the metal key. The only keyhole is in the driver’s door.

7. Neutral Corner

It was free, so I'm getting my money's worth.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I've never heard the directional aspect to it. It was always whoever got there or came to a full stop first gets to go, although two cars going opposite directions can sneak through at once if somebody's on the ball.
    That, and if a fire truck, mail truck, police car and ambulance all reach the intersection at the same time then the mail truck has the right of way because it's a federal vehicle.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Wait. What?

If we're counting on people to understand their relationship to the cardinal directions at any given time in order to navigate a four-way stop ....

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

1) “People that” ....
    2) “Score the basketball”
    3) “He has great stuff.” (Translation: His pitches move so much that they never wind up in the strike zone.”

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Check your user manual. Most cars have the ability to customize the lock settings.

12. Neutral Corner

It isn't a Toyota system. It's a dealer add-on that was installed at the port of entry. It's a cheap piece of crap system with bad documentation. I'll double check it and see if it includes any way to reprogram the locks, but I'm not hopeful.

I've come close to taking a set of wire cutters to it several times.

Thanks, though.

TigerVols likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted