1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Never change, McPaper. Never change.

[​IMG]

2. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

I know some find these type of stats silly, however, I get a good kick out of them:

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

I know it was a total different game, however, it's funny how Cap Anson is fourth on that list with 2075 career RBI while only hitting 97 career home runs.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

A nitpicking asshole copy editor would ask if he was the fifth player to homer for his 2,000th RBI.

He is also the fifth player with 1,997, 1,998, and 1,999 RBI.

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Last tweet sounds like the first 14 minutes of a Perry Mason episode.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

What a dickhole.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Like Pujols doesn't have 500 of these type of balls. For fucks sake, every other week, he has some stupid milestone he is passing, while simultaneously being horrible at baseball in 2019. Fuck Pujols and the angels. If they wanted the ball that bad, offer something more than some stupid chachkis.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Actually, Pujols seems fine with it.
    He said the game is for the fans, and a fan has it. Can't do the link on my phone.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why? He caught the ball. (I'm assuming based on the Tweet, though maybe he got it after bouncing around a bit.) It's his. It's not like he was doing something to authenticate it and make sure he could sell it for a significant amount of money.

If Pujols said it is fine, as poin posted, then he has the right attitude.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A fan catches ball story from long ago: When I was a kid, the DuPont company where my dad worked had once or twice a season excursion trains from Wilmington, Del. to Phillies games at old Connie Mack Stadium (Phils' owner Bob Carpenter was a DuPont family heir). One of those, when I was like 9 or 10, was to see the Cardinals. Our group's seats were roughly halfway down the line between first and the right field foul pole in the lower level. Stan Musial came to the plate early in the game and whacked a screaming foul liner. One of our group leaned over the low railing between stands and field and made a spectacular one-handed grab. On the train ride home, he triumphantly showed off the ball, which Stan had autographed. Stan, feeling it was the least he could do, also autographed the emergency cast that completely covered the guy's hand.

Donny in his element and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted