1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The first episode of that Chernobyl doc on HBO was maddening, to say the least.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's a scary as hell story. Those poor brave doomed bastards.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Just watched that first episode. Damn it was good. How the people who were there who could just bury their heads in the proverbial sand. And those poor SOBs who were forced to expose themselves to the radiation when they knew the truth because the bosses couldn't be bothered with it.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

But enough about climate change.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Little worried that Jared Harris is being typecast as a guy who is really good at hanging himself, though.

6. DanOregon

Lodge 49 is an interesting change of pace show. Wyatt Russell plays a grieving beach bum who joins a fraternal lodge. Reminds me more than a bit of Men of a Certain Age in tone.

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I am out, done with 24. I realize when it started.on 01 it was ground breaking. More than once someone asked "does anybody have a phone?" So I get that for it's time it was great and highly thought of but I can't take it. Got to season 2 20hrs in. Painful. Thank goodness they killed off the wife, unfortunately they left the daughter, who I think was the real threat to the safety of the American citizens that had the misfortune of being in her orbit. And always wondering who is the traitor in the bunch because there always was one. People spent a quarter of the time talking too much and the rest of time not saying enough. At the end I really really hated it. And I stick with shows normally, but could not handle it any more. Just once I wanted some one to tell the kid to stfu and to tell Jack "you know buddy, we all have families too".

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. DanOregon

The "real time" thing was everything on that show. But it was kind of problematic that Bauer (and the nerds dealing with the fracked portal or whatever) were the only ones working around the clock. Seemed pretty cheaply produced as well, one main set (CTU) and then a bunch of warehouses, parking lots and basements.

lakefront likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Teaser trailer for the new HBO "Watchmen".

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Veep is moving at the pace of GoT this season. Hard to believe that there is only 1 episode left. Now maybe next year, the best actress in a comedy Emmy will be up for grabs.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

This has train wreck written all over it, not even with 'so bad it's good' potential

https://www.vulture.com/2019/05/beverly-hills-90210-reboot-premiere-date.html

12. DanOregon

Gotta say though - the personal lives of these actors have been about as messy as their characters. Priestly had the bad car wreck, marriage woes for a few of them, - I think something like that works for Larry Sanders, - not so much for a show like 90210.

Draft saved Draft deleted