1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Since Vegas already has a phony Eiffel Tower and Statue of Liberty, maybe they can have a pretend Stanley Cup parade. Hell, invite Central Florida's football team so it can celebrate it's pretend national championship.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You two are funny. You were both adamant that it was a good call and that anybody who disagreed with you were idiots. The league admits it, Pavelski admits it but Vegas’s fans are whiners.

The two plays aren’t remotely close. Nobody has a clue what happens if that goal stands, it changes everything. We know what happens if the Sharks aren’t gifted 5. Or maybe you two think they score four at even strength.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The horrible thing about the Pavelski incident is that his unfortunate dive made hockey look like soccer.

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

If the Sharks end up winning the Cup, does Cody Eakin get a ring?

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Man that sure is an odd way of saying the call was good. Meh. My reading comprehension. Isn't a strong suit.

And this backtrack of mine was clearly calling everyone idiots. Again my reading comprehension isn't s strong suit.

No my point wasn't the correctness of the calls. My point was the reaction to the calls. Vegas got screwed and stopped playing. Colorado potentially gets screwed and keeps playing. That's my point. Even Pavs said it his hit by Vegas wasn't a penalty (which makes me further regret going full Sharks fan). So it was an atrocious call. Or am I supposed to call him an idiot? I don't know. I just expect good teams to find a way to keep a three goal lead in a five minute span. Colorado had a case to be mad too but if they were (or are) you wouldn't know it from the players and coach. I'll pause for my fanboi accusations

HanSenSE and Liut like this.
  6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This is dumber than the people defending the major. You really believe he dove face first on the ice and missed 6 playoff games to get a 5 minute penalty called?

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

8. Spartan Squad

9. Spartan Squad

Huh. So that's how you know you're on ignore.

Liut likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Exactly my point all along. Yes, I'm a Sharks fan. But, having spent many of my working years involved with sports, I expect highly trained athletes to be able to adapt to the circumstances in front of them. Instead, the Knights went from being the Great Wall of China on defense to a collander from the dollar store. And that's why they're on the golf course now.

11. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Crap, the Sharks had what, two power play goals in the entire series against the Avs? And four during one against Vegas? Yes, that's some pretty poor execution. It stinks but you still have a three-goal lead in the third and you still have to play the game.

I really thought the Avalanche were going to implode last night with the quick goal after the reversal. To their credit that far from happened.

Liut and HanSenSE like this.
  12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Bullshit. You thought it was a good call. Without that call the Sharks are golfing.

Draft saved Draft deleted