1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I usually tell newbies to watch a college game, a youth game or a women's game. They are doing the same things, just slower so you can see what's happening.

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Or a Ducks game.

Ben Pope, exmediahack, Huggy and 6 others like this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Dallas is dragging ass out there on both ends. Only a matter of time.

4. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

As a long-suffering Blues fan, I was expecting the worst. Especially after dominating play for about 60 minutes there and getting nothing to show for it. Felt like the Stars weathered the storm and would get a fluky bounce or soft goal to win it.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

There was a guy with a beard dressed up in an outfit like this sitting behind the Stars' bench tonight. What a great game.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Would love a Blues-Sharks West final. After last year, I'm rooting for another first-time Cup winner so a fan base can experience what we did.

7. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

How juicy of a story would it be for the Blues to play a Stan Kroenke-owned (or wife-owned, at least) Colorado Avalanche team? For the fans and media to sink their teeth into, at least.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I think the top two sports for "TV doesn't do it justice" are NHL hockey and NHRA drag racing.

Liut and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  9. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Well ... one is sight. The other is sight, sound and feeling ... the latter applies to most motorsports. Stock-car racing has it, but they're pop guns compared to the NHRA. Or any one of a bunch of multi-engined or turbine-powered sleds at a tractor pull.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Liut likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Vombatus likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And, of course gets a goal on his first shift and an assist later in the first period.

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted