1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Avengers: Endgame (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Gamora wasn't there at the end with the funeral or on the ship with the Guardians. But I guess good point that she was there. They didn't show her leave or die. Another big question, I guess, and that definitely leaves room for her to join up wherever she is in that present.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I don't know if Gamora ever met Tony Stark - When Starlord meets Iron Man, it's already after Thanos abducted Gamora. And after the big battle at the end of the movie, there's a scene between Gamora and Nebula about Starlord, where Gamora says something like, "You're sure it's him?"

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

This was great.

This was like seeing all of your favorite players make a big play in an all star game.

It could not have been better, or asking it to be better is just being greedy.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

All the big hitters for the next 10 years probably had limited screen time since they were doing things for the next 10 years. They are actors.

The ones with the most screen time we are saying goodbye to.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There's a whole Black Widow story arc we haven't seen. Between Avengers and Age of Ultron she hooked up with Banner/Hulk and basically became part of Hawkeye's family. There wasn't a ton of explanation for that in any of the other movies. It just became the status quo out of nowhere. So there's an entire prequel movie, if they want to do it, that can fill in those blanks.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

dumb question: When Captain America wields Thor's hammer, that's when the audience went craziest in my screening, even more than when everyone showed up for the final battle. Is that like a big comics thing? Like no one else at all is worthy so Cap being the one who could get it is a huge deal? It was cool but was just surprised at the reaction around me when it happened.

7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Yeah, but she wasn't on the ship at the end either. So she may have remained in the present but she wasn't with the group. Of course other than Nebula she didn't know any of them at that point. So her pre-sacrifice self ended up in the future so she survived and is out there somewhere and that's how she'll come to be in Guardians 3. It's just one more interesting thing of all of it, we could go on and on about all sorts of elements of this story, and of course adds more questions to the time travel stuff, but in a way that's what makes it fun. We're not alone in this talk because I saw a story about biggest Endgame questions and both Thor and Gamora were separate elements of it, as well as if Black Widow was gone for good.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

At the screening I attended, the audience went wildest at the Stan Lee cameo.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Huge. Like wearing #1 for the Yankees.

The hammer will only allow those who are worthy morally to lift it. Vision was pure of heart and brave and so is Thor. There was a scene where all the Avengers are fucking around trying to lift it and no one can, then Vision just walks over and hands it to Thor.

People have argued for years that it budged when Cap grabbed it. Now we now it did, but humble Cap did not let anyone know.

Yes, Cap wielding the hammer and blasting Thanos with it was awesome. It was one of the best moments of the film.

Cap left that hammer someplace, right?

Small Town Guy likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Scarlett Johnannson is an A-List star without the Avengers. Chris Evans can work as a leading man, no problems. Hs Robert Downey Jr. played anything BUT Tony Stark in the last decade? Wonder what he'll do.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

He was in "The Judge," I think it was called, which kind of looked like a bad clone of a 1990s era legal procedural about Good Lawyer vs. Evil People. I'm kind of glad he's done with Iron Man, because that mine is pretty well spent at this point.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

So when exactly did Hulk’s finger snap take everyone to? Is everyone who vanished the same age? And the non-snap people five years older?

Peter was back at high school and Tony’s kid didn’t age. I hate time travel, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted