1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Endgame seems to be meeting the hype if the early reviews are accurate.

RonClements likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I read one review that basically said they weren't going to tell the reader anything, but got a lot of surprises and it's very good.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Drove past the local megaplex. Parking lot was jammed. On a Thursday night. Endgame is going to be huge. Theaters could show it around the clock if they wanted to. Hoping to see it before it gets spoiled.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I bought my tickets on Tuesday for a 9:30 show on Thursday. A few shows were sold out then, and all that was left for most of the others were one or two singles or wheelchair seating.
    Starting at 6:30 and running through midnight they started a showing every 15 minutes.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is Endgame worth the extra money for 3D - Ive always found the glasses distracted, but I do want the "full" experience.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I saw a 3D showing because that was the only one that had seats in my window to see it last night. I'm not a big 3D guy at all.
    There are definitely a few scenes you can tell the 3D enhances it. The first 10-15 minutes, for sure. I'm not sure you "need" to see it in 3D, you certainly don't to appreciate the storytelling, but I didn't feel cheated by seeing it that way.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Endgame meets the hype. It’s a totally satisfying ending for those who have been waist deep since the start.

Those who have knowledge of the comics will appreciate it more, but it’s still fantastic.

I honestly don’t think it could have been done better.

8. outofplace

I love reading that stuff. I'm seeing it tomorrow. It is driving me crazy to stay away from the spoilers thread.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Stay away from it.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I have avoided spoilers thus far. Rewatched Infinity War. The wife and I are going to catch Captain Marvel tomorrow afternoon and Avengers Monday pm.

and

11. outofplace

Oh, I will. I'm not clicking on that thread until tomorrow night.

12. outofplace

When you figure in at least a half hour of trailers, I'll be watching Endgame in about three hours. My cousin posted on social media that he was so excited before he saw it that he peed a little. No urine in the shorts here, but I'm about as excited as I can be to see a movie.

Draft saved Draft deleted