1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Ugly how? It was barely a minor.

JC likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Between the Sharks and the Blazers, I'm riveted. Side by side screens.

3. DanOregon

THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN GAME 7 OT!!!! I can feel my heart beating faster. I can't take my eyes off the screen. And I'm not that much of a hockey fan, but a huge Stanley Cup fan. Is there anything better than a team going for broke and pulling the goalie?

Sharks may not win the Cup - but this series was epic. Blowouts, goalies getting yanked then gaining redemption. Stunning comebacks and a fourth-liner scoring the winning goal? Nuts. I feel bad for the East coasters who missed this and the Blazers-Thunder game. Incredible performances.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh!

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Nighty Knight!

And who would have thunk it after Vegas took the series lead: San Jose now has home ice the rest of the way in the West.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I didn’t watch as much hockey as usual this season because the Kings sucked but I was riveted by this one. And I had no rooting interest other than wanting the NoCal team to lose.

7. DanOregon

There should be a rule in TV sports. I you are going to show the visiting team's fans celebrating a goal for their side, then you have to do it when they give up the game loser.

Vombatus, HanSenSE and MTM like this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Hopefully there’s footage on the interwebs.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Because being dropped on your head is anything but "ugly." It was so "barely" a minor that it was a major penalty.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up on the SJ game. Watched the OT. Great game.

Hell of a three pointer too. Blazers. Dagger!

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Blood on the ice tends to be a tell, too.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Watch the replay. It was an awful accident. It was not close to a major and yes, barely a penalty.

Draft saved Draft deleted