1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Masters running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This site spends more time talking about ratings than the TV industry sites I peruse. Never understood why.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is a rough measurement of public interest in a sports event. In this case, a superfluous one, as we all knew the answer was "plenty."

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I've watched a lot of golf on television before. A LOT. I don't ever remember 2 announcers getting as emotional as Nantz and Faldo after Tiger hugging his kids. The one thing that needs to happen, and happen post-haste, is for Feherty to do a sit-down with him.
    Oh.....and pre-lunch Verne (whom I love and adore BTW) has a gargling with nails-unfiltered Lucky Strike voice to beat hell with.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watched the final round on line. It was odd and refreshing not to have the emotional commentary. Though I did wonder how much Nantz was gushing.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the Butler Cabin interview between Nantz and Faldo before the outcome where Faldo was prompted to relive his Master triumphs, 30 yrs after his first, and then the 1996 win. Faldo teared up and as a mid 50s guy I felt his emotion. Great stuff.

I've come around on Nantz. Yeah he's smarmy and represents a class I've never been a part of, but I've come to realize he can still be a good person.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

One golf podcaster today was dogging on her interview with Dustin, thinking she should have pressed him more about the holes that got away. As if he would have opened up and given a Bryson-level dissertation. I think she does a pretty good job, getting the 3:45 a.m. wakeup nugget out of Tiger was great.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

You should feel good if you got DJ to tell you what DJ stands for.
    He's a helluva golfer but an awful interview.
    He talks like how he dresses on the golf course. Lots of whites and grays. No color. No substance. Nothing exciting. Just nothing.
    The one person Feherty will never have on is DJ because no one would sit through an hour of uhs and mm-hmms.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Admittedly I'm a clothes guy but watching yesterday I realized how drab DJ dresses. Grey, and all grey at that, is the best you can do on Sunday at the Masters? Not even a hint of say green? You don't have to get Rickie like, just the standard red/blue works.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Big downside of Tiger winning. Short sleeve mocks will be making a comeback.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Palmer looked pretty cool in them.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted