1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 8 (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Apr 8, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yup. That toned down my reaction to the jump scare. The blue eyes tipped me off that it was coming.

JRoyal likes this.
  2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I didn't watch, but I'm curious whether you all were munching on your GoT Oreos? :)

(They have been the all-the-rage item at my store for the past week. When I left work Saturday night, I put the last four packages we had from a warehouse-shipped order of 272 out on the shelf. Based on the previous few days, I'm sure they were snapped up in no time).

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I looked for that, GoT wine and GoT whiskey, and I could find none. I was looking forward to drowning my sorrow over someone's eventual death in GoT cookies and booze.

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

That's what a lot of customers were saying -- that everybody was out. They were coming to our store, thrilled that we had any, and inordinately happy to be coming in and picking them up from us. :)

Hats off to the marketing genius who came up with the idea, I guess. It's one of the best short-term, one-off sales items I think I've ever seen.

JRoyal likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Thanks Justin for letting me round that out.

BTW I still chuckle every time I see Regan's tree prediction.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

My GF caught Ned's open eyes a second or two before I did. It was a good jump scare.

But yeah - the Yara quick fix bothered me.

End of last season, her crew was getting ready to sail off with a, "Yeah. She gone. Let's get the fuck out of here." As it turns out - you just had to sail up to The Silence, knock off a couple of mutes, and sail her away.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Buy a case, keep them five years, and sell as collectables.

8. Neutral Corner

Theon - gets good guy redemption and rescues his sister. Check. Send him to the North.

Next!

Brom - gets offered a wagon of gold for the heads of Jaime and Tyrion to create alleged conflict for him. Check. Send him to the North.

More reunions and planning next week. Jaime in Winterfell. Muster and train army. Politics.

Looks like the big battle will be Ep. 3.

Where's Brienne? When does Melisandre show up?

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Brienne was standing with Sansa and Co. when Jon and Dany arrived. Melisandre left for Volantis last season. My bet is she shows up in episode 5 or 6 with Daario and the Second Sons.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Missed Brienne there, thanks. Agree re 5/6, probably arrive just in time when things are tight.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Spartan Squad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted