1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Masters running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I don’t know if you can look at a guy’s mistakes in a vacuum like that. For example, sure - Koepka had two double bogeys to Woods’ zero. But he also had two eagles to Woods’ zero.

You can just as easily say that Koepka, and the two others at -12, finished second because Woods hammered his shot on 16 to four feet.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

bigpern23 likes this.
  4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Best smartass take I wish I’d come up with: Tiger isn’t “back” yet, he hasn’t won a full-field event.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The last is absolutely true. But I have heard countless pros over many years that the key to winning majors is to never make double bogies.

Sea Bass likes this.
  6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Monday.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They covered up a lot of Amanda Balionis. Not sure I ever saw her from below the neck.

8. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

Who had the best coverage story or column on The Masters final round? Please share those stories and columns.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Sunday’s final round of the Masters, which was moved up several hours to avoid inclement weather, earned an 7.7 overnight rating on CBS — down 11% from last year (8.7), but up a tick from 2017 (7.6). CBS began coverage at 9 AM ET, compared to a 2 PM start in previous years.

Tiger’s Masters Triumph Posts Big Morning Overnight

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The Golden Bear meets The Golden Pair.

[​IMG]

Batman likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There were storm sirens going off in the background just as CBS Radio was winding up its coverage.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

This is key though: "An encore presentation of the final round delivered a 3.4 overnight from 3-7 PM ET. Combined, the live and encore telecasts grossed an 11.1 overnight. That would be the highest for the Masters since 2010, which marked Woods’ return to golf following his marital infidelity scandal (12.0)."

How many olds didn't/ weren't paying attention and just tuned in at the normal time and watched the replay?

Draft saved Draft deleted