1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

maximum damage control

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Walton may not be out of work long

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Walton is an excellent coach. What the Magic/LeBron team did to that team was horrific. Aside from having to relocate from Malibu to SacTown (sorry bud), Walton's got to be ecstatic, there are genuine big pieces going forward without any of the Lonzo Ball, LeBron crap, and IMHO, actually a good plan going forward with Divac/Vivek (the one front office ahead of the LA team) and Walton's getting a nicer payday (I'm guessing he gave back some $$ to Lakers and he's getting something like 5 yr/$25 from Kings.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

lapdog lue back into the fold...

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Man, I don't think Sacramento is any less chaotic than the Lakers. Like, it seemed like they had momentum, exceeding expectations despite the injury to Bagley, and they shitcanned the coach anyway. (They also passed on the consensus #2 pick to take him, which already looks like a mistake, but Bagley does seem like he'll at least be a good player.)

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm giving the Kings have having the anticipation to can Joeger after finding out Walton was available and would come aboard. Now if that doesn't happen, then it looks like a stupid move to can Joerger without knowing where you were going next. As for Bagley, I think he's a better compliment to Fox and Hield than Doncic. Of course, sans injury(ies).

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, agreed that the Kings have a really promising roster and a front office that would scare the hell out of me. I think Luke would be a very good fit but I wouldn't want to work for Vlade.

I'm guessing Monty Williams gets the Lakers gig.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Dave Joerger is a better coach than Walton.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I don’t know anything about Joerger but I do know Walton’s suckitude was masked by the injuries and circus atmosphere enveloping the Lakers since he arrived.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Worked out OK in Cleveland.

Draft saved Draft deleted