1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

1. In the first video, Xavier’s words about kissing babies is quite ironic, considering that’s what they became after a short heel turn.

2. Sounds like cheers were piped in during the second video because in the background, there’s a lot of people sitting on their hands.

3. I don’t know if they’ll break up. They may do an short split where Xavier and E go to Raw, but keep the New Day gimmick. If anything, it’s pretty interesting how the E has kept them together for four-plus years while breaking up other groups while they were still popular. It shows how much work they’ve put in to adapt their characters.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

That’s when Smackdown was taped ... cheering and booing being dubbed in was commonplace.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Would love to see New Day vs. The Undisputed in 12 months at WrestleMania. Between the wrestling at the mic skills, that would be a great feud.

JimmyHoward33 and Tommy_Dreamer like this.
  4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

UMMM. The real main event was MATT TAVEN winning the ROH TITLE! I marked out so damn much. Actually yelling at my computer screen when he won it. Watched it back like 10 times lol

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Loved Mania for the most part, despite it being 7 1/2 hours.

Ring of Honor had a hell of a show with NJPW. The Great MUTA made an appearance in the Rumble of Honor, that was incredible.

Taven winning the title and the spots they pulled off in that match were pretty damn good.

NXT/Takeover -- I didn't watch all of Cole/Gargano but I have to go back and watch it since it's basically a 5-star match.

Great weekend of wrestling and next year, I should be at Supercard of Honor and Mania in Tampa!

JRoyal likes this.
  6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

If Big E scooped up Rowan at Mania with a torn meniscus.....

The dude is legit one of the strongest people in the business. Yuge with a capital Y

8. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

He’s definitely top 3 strongest in the business. I would say the top 3 are(in no particular order) Big E, Lesnar and Braun.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  9. nietsroob17

That's part of the reason why the schmuck that attacked Bret was lucky to get away with his life Saturday, especially as Braun and E (and Ronda's hubby) wanted to go after him.

John B. Foster likes this.
  10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Sasha Banks may have tried to quit WWE during WrestleMania 35 weekend

This is disconcerting and I hope its some kinda worked shoot.

Like Sasha life is good, youre on the show (more than Asuska can say), youve made a ton of history, who gives a shit if the iconics win the tag titles one time? Hopefully if its true HHH can talk her off the ledge.

I hate the idea that these women dont want to put each other over. Weve heard it now about Jax, Naomi and now Banks? Bad look.

11. nietsroob17

They missed the chance to have Woods and Breeze accompany Batista to the ring.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  12. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I watched the first installment of Dark Side of the Ring, on Randy Savage and Elizabeth. Decent, but not much more. They interviewed Bruce Pritchard, Lanny Poffo, Linda Hogan, Jake Roberts, Jimmy Hart, Eric Bischoff, and Scott Hall (?). But hard not to be aware who wasn't in the doc—most notably Hulk Hogan, Ricky Steamboat, any McMahon, not even noted Macho Man admirer CM Punk.

Draft saved Draft deleted