1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bribery, greed: All for a little bit of Ivy League

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Mar 12, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

that quote doesn't work for me at all. it's a mashup of bad metaphors. I get the lazy reference to smoking crack, but the Adderall crash of Middlebury?

That's some expensive bong water at Denison, whatever the hell that's even supposed to mean.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

"My daughter knew absolutely nothing about my actions, and in my misguided and profoundly wrong way, I have betrayed her. This transgression toward her and the public I will carry for the rest of my life. My desire to help my daughter is no excuse to break the law or engage in dishonesty."

Felicity Huffman issues apology over college admissions case - CNN

She either paid someone to take her daughter's test or, as alternatively reported, got a proctor to correct the test her daughter took. If her daughter didn't know, she is too stupid to be in college.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The hubris knows no limits. They should have taken the plea deal because now they're gonna get the business end.

I still can't believe these idiots paid $500,000 to get their kids until college -- when their kids didn't want or need to go.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    omg thank you i get to use this again

7. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Or... to be fair... she completely tuned out while her Mom was explaining something really really boring and dumb when she wanted to be out with her friends.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

In the daughter's defense, if she took the test, handed it in and the proctor inflated her score by 30-40 points she would have no way of knowing. My verbal score increased by 60 points the second time I took the SATs and I can't tell you why I got more answers right.

Now, if she got a 780 or something, yes, she should have been suspicious. But it would be hard to differentiate between a 560 and a 600. Of course, if someone took the test for her, all bets are off.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It always bugs me when people equate wealth with common sense or work ethic.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

BOOTSTRAPS!!!!!

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for shouting. I'll even denounce myself 17.GRONK percent.

Draft saved Draft deleted