1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, when I said, “tip well,” I was speaking of giving a little extra money. ;)

CD Boogie likes this.
  2. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Backslash.

As in, w-w-w-backslash ...

Commercials ... live radio reads ... I don’t care. Freaking stop it. It’s just a slash. That is all.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

There is a difference between forward slash and back slash. Most people use it wrong though.
    What is the difference between a backslash and a forward slash?

Adults wearing bedroom slippers in public.
    Usually in places like grocery stores, convenience stores, gas stations and liquor stores.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Bedroom slippers.

The grocery store I worked in during high school had women wearing housecoats with curlers in their hair. Damndest thing, women going out in public like that.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

It's essentially a game and a half lead. The Celtics can drop a game a guarantee a tie, but would drop to fifth if they lose out and the Pacers win both.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

A woman I know used to wear a night gown to drop her kids off at school — till the time she rear-ended another parent in the drop off line and had to exit the vehicle in her nightgown, embarrassing the shit out of herself and her kid.

ChrisLong likes this.
  8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The video players on news websites.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

"Thank you for your interest. This is an automated email. Please do not reply
    to this email. It has been sent from an email account that is not monitored."

Tweener likes this.
  10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Modern car design.

The rainy season has hit us hard and I managed to get my son’s car stuck in a gateway that leads to an outbuilding where it’s parted when there’s danger of hail. I have an old four-wheel-drive truck, so pulling it free would have been easy, but there is no place to hook onto the front. I quick look at the owners manual showed a bit eyebolt to screw into a port on the front bumper, but it is missing from the car’s toolkit. I ordered a replacement that will be at the dealer tomorrow.

In the meantime, I sort of MacGyvered a rig to pull it from the rear by hooking into the frame with a come-along tool chained to a metal fence post I drove into the ground because I couldn’t get the truck through the gate to do the pulling.

My son made it about halfway to school this morning and came back home sick, so the car could have just stayed stuck until the tow adapter was delivered.

During my Internet searches for solutions, I was surprised by the number of cars that don’t have easily accessible tow points.

(We do have a garbage disposal, which we rarely use, in our house, but it didn’t really help much in this situation.)

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Everyone turning their birthdays into a Facebook fundraiser. Dude, saying happy birthday is free. Don't hit me up for your pet cause or you won't even get the happy birthday. I don't trust FB for shit, so I ain't clicking through any link there to give money.

expendable and Tweener like this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

People saying something is "canceled" because of rain when they really mean "postponed."
    If you're planning to play it at a later date, the event has been postponed.
    If you're not going to reschedule it, then it has been canceled.
    This is not that hard.

expendable and swingline like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted