1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Season Two of "Killing Eve" starts in a couple of days. If you have not watched it, you should try it. Lots of twists and surprises, and although Sandra Oh has gotten a lot of credit (and she's great in it), the performance that Jodie Comer turns in is simply amazing. The chameleon-like way that she can project her thoughts and emotions through flickers of facial expression and body language as she goes from an assumed cover character to killing machine is wonderful acting.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

4 episodes into my watch of Russian Doll. Such an interesting concept and very smartly written.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That show is awesome. Can't wait for it to come back. Jodie Comer and I share a birthday.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

I have not started that yet, but I'll get there. She did a nice interview with Terry Gross on Fresh Air last week.

5. Neutral Corner

If you are into the "what might happen/possible spoilers" GoT articles, this is pretty good. Note that at the bottom is a link to similar columns on fifteen other characters. Pretty well done, with reminders of past plot points and prophecies that might contribute to their outcomes. Well written.

"Last Hope: As with our last hope for Varys, here's hoping for a great interaction between Jorah and Lady Lyanna Mormont (Bella Ramsey). These two Bear Islanders have much to discuss."

'Game of Thrones' Final Path: The Journey of Jorah Mormont

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watching "The Terror" - it was on AMC a year ago and marketed more as a creepy thriller, but "The Terror" was the name of a ship. But its mostly a story about an ice bound English expedition party stuck in the arctic while seeking the Northwest Passage. Extremely well done.

bigpern23 and garrow like this.
  7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Enjoying Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. netflix

Deskgrunt50 and sgreenwell like this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Just started Barry on HBO. Big fan of Hader. Like it a couple of episodes in.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Watched the season 2 opener and it was great. Jodie Comer in the hospital was hilarious

Neutral Corner and HC like this.
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sandra Oh's "I had a bad oyster" line in the security queue was so well delivered.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Handmaid's Tale's season 2 is a show that is tough to "binge" only because it is so grim. I'm chasing each episode with an episode of The Thick of It to even me out. Just a shame that show isn't still in production with Brexit going on.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Season 3 of Kim's Convenience store is now on Netflix

Draft saved Draft deleted