1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vince McMahon to Target Alienated NFL Fans with 'New XFL'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deepest_background, Dec 27, 2017.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    ...for a month it all adds up

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Did they just put the whole league on a credit card? Dundon's money was used to pay overdue bills?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Stadium rental? Were they paying for airtime on the networks?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They had four receivers who went on to the NFL. Richard Johnson, the Gamblers' top receiver, had over 1,000 yards once for the Lions. Gerald "Ice Cube" McNeil was also on that team.

Before the league folded, they announced that the Gamblers were going to merge with the New Jersey Generals, though really it was the Generals absorbing the Gamblers. I think that was just an excuse for Donald Trump to steal Kelly away for his team. Supposedly, he had delusions of forcing the NFL to bring in the Generals and he wanted to stack the roster before it happened.

I would have liked to see Jim Kelly and those receivers mixed in with Herschel Walker and the Generals' offensive line, which was very good.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

... and they wasted the rest.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Darn it. I really regret that I never got around to getting some San Antonio Commanders merch.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I would check online at their shop. I did that with original XFL gear when they closed up.

garrow likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

$40 for an adjustible hat?

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I want to know more about this magical 9 figure gambling app.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"You mean I could have just invested in a fly by night football league instead of doing all those crazy stunts!? SHIT!"

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Brewster should have just given all $30M to Trump. It would have been gone in a week.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted