1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Blockbuster movies too long?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Dude, I generally like your participation in the politics thread. But do you really have to turn every person’s opinion about movies/other topics that don’t agree with yours into a knock-down drag out fight? Can’t you ever just let something go?(full disclosure: I also don’t care for Star Wars movies and most comic book movies,although spider man: homecoming was pretty good. Off topic: I also refuse to go to Disney land/world even though I’ve had several chances. Sue me.)

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Please go back and read his first post. That set the tone. He didn't jump into the discussion to debate the topic. He came to turn his nose up at a certain type of movie. I tried just making fun of him for it, but instead of taking the teasing lightly as intended, he doubled down by going after the people who like movies he doesn't, so I simply responded appropriately. I let plenty go, but the entire point of a message board is to comment on topics and points within a discussion that interest you. I see no reason not speak my mind, including situations in which someone is posting like an ass.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

IIRC, a lot of episodes of Breaking Bad were anywhere from 1:02 to 1:08 as well.
    (Oh, and Sons of Anarchy was an FX show)

4. outofplace

Darn. My mistake. I never actually watched Sons of Anarchy while it was on the air. I binged it later.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

It's a nice place to reach when you don't give the slightest fuckity-fuck what other people think about what you do for entertainment.

CD Boogie and Neutral Corner like this.
  6. outofplace

Let us know if you ever reach it. Maybe you can help Boogie.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

You continue to be a skidmark on the underwear of this site.
    I wasn't even talking to you so run along.

8. outofplace

Well, that's a lie. No thanks. I believe I will stay. I do offer you condolences on the loss of your sense of humor. I do hope you find it again. It wasn't much, but if anybody needs to be able to laugh at things to get through the day, it's you.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yes.

CD Boogie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted