1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Can't do the last because you never ever want to eliminate the possibility of a lucrative sequel. And you can't just eliminate HALF of humanity, because that's been done.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I see what you did there, but I doubt they care about snappy comparisons.

They are already doing prequel series. There are thousands of years of history Martin referred to in the books that they could play with to make a sequel.

Also, it could just be Westeros that gets wiped out. There are other parts of the world.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Catching up some shows on Hulu. I'm thinking unless Netflix gets better at producing their own content, the main reason to have an account is to tap their old movie library on DVDs.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't see both of them surviving. There are just too many plot lines to mine involving the death of one or the other - betrayal, love, tragedy, sacrifice.

I'm kinda rooting for Tyrion to make it through alive, and I think that of all of the characters, Bronn has perhaps the best chance to get out alive simply by being true to himself. The other side of that is that Bronn going against his nature, laying down his life to save Tyrion, would be a great plot line. I don't know if the writers can resist that temptation.

5. Neutral Corner

We've gone back and re-watched last season and season one. There is a lot of foreshadowing in both, particularly season one. So many things that were once odd throwaway lines now have understandable meanings.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Tyrion has been the heart of the show - I could see him ending up as King - but not having anyone left to enjoy it with. But Jon Snow and Dany are brother and sister right? It all has to go back to the beginning - and the Lannisters are interlopers, only in the mix because Cersai married Robert Baratheon.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Dany is Jon's aunt, not his sister.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

One Strange Rock is magnificent.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Assume that Jamie and Cersei are toast. So are Davos and Melisandre. Probably Tormund too.

I think that Dany is going to have some Mad Queen in her and kill numerous people that we like -- be it Sansa, Jon and/or Tyrion.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I'm 8 episodes into Narcos Mexico. Even if there is another season, I think I'm out. The genre only has so many places to go.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The You're The Worst finale last night was excellent. It ended the only way it should have ended.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

I think that Jaime fulfills the prophecy and kills Cersei. Melisandre has a scene with Varys last season where she says to him that they are both fated to die in a country far from their homes. Tormund probably goes, but I bet that he and Brienne hook up next season. She's perfect to go down heroically, but that would deprive us of their big honking children taking over the world.

Jon actually has a more direct claim on the throne than Dany, and I look for that to be a major plot nexus. They'll both be in the north, closer to his base of support, but she's got the Dothraki bloodriders backing her. It would be disastrous for that to break out before dealing with the Army of the Dead. The Targaryons are good with incest but I doubt that Jon will be, and I'd expect that if he pulls away from her she won't take that well. Anything might happen from there, including the Mad Queen scenario.

Bran is a huge wild card, they could do damn near anything using him as a plot hook. Samwell is another one. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he comes up with some more obscure knowledge that saves the day when things are desperate.

Draft saved Draft deleted