1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That's about a ten minute walk from Pauley Pavilion. If that.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

She's about a million miles from you or I

You look at Margo Robbie then look at Rosanne Barr or Momma June and you can legitimately question if they are of the same species

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Brolin and Rockwell would fun to see. Smith, too.

garrow likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Bone Tomahawk.

Proper horror film there. Including one death scene so grisly it's going to stick with me for a good while.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Such a great idea for a Western. And the cast. Love that they shot it on some of the great old Hollywood film ranches.

6. DanOregon

Finally saw Spiderman Homecoming - and I apologize for knocking it as yet another reboot a month or so ago. I would figure Marvel would either grow tired or seem to grow tired by now - but just about every character in that movie was perfection. From Hannibal Burress' three lines as the gym teacher, to his fellow students ("I'm the guy in the chair!") to the bad guys actually having valid reasons for being bad guys and the well-timed "you know, a friendly.....NEIGHBORHOOD Spiderman." The FMK line...

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Margot Robbie is hot, but Sharon Tate was hotter IMHO.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Just call me MJ...

9. CD Boogie

Watched "The Dirt" last night, the biopic about Motley Crue on Netflix. The book did a really good job of adapting the memoir, which I enjoyed tremendously. I'm not even a big fan of their music, but they've definitely led some colorful, chaotic lives. The movie doesn't soft peddle their failings. It's the right mix of romance (for sex, drugs and rock and roll) and warning (for the tolls of that lifestyle). Vince Neil, in particular, seems like he's been through hell, between killing his buddy in a car wreck (for which he served a ridiculous 19 days in jail) to the death of his 4-year-old daughter from cancer. Not saying he's a good dude, necessarily, but he's seen some shit.

10. DanOregon

I just found the movie to be about as generic as the band. Fake names, the sex, the drugs, the rock and roll. Even their tragedies were generic. And the band seems to think they were the first band to go through all of that stuff.

11. CD Boogie

So whose rock story do you find more compelling? I find it amazing those four idiots are still all alive.

EDIT: They also went from complete nobodies to the kings of The Strip in no time flat. Again, I'm not a huge fan of their music, but calling their story generic seems a bit much.

12. DanOregon

This is Spinal Tap came out just as they were hitting it big and that was a spoof of The Who, Zepplin, - I find Fleetwood Mac more interesting, would they have had as much success without the internal strife and various deteriorating relationships? Crue seemed to me like a band that did crazy stuff because they thought thats what rock bands were supposed to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted