1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm glad I was able to be there for most of it, but my queue and autodraft did all right for my last five picks.. I missed out on a surefire 3B (I was gunning for Turner, Andujar, or even Profar), so I'm working the trade corners on that one. Gotten a few offers already, but I've got some good SPs to give away for anyone else who needs to get in on this.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've got three guys eligible at third. Even if Ramirez misses some time, I can deal one, but Suarez would be expensive.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Our draft was yesterday, according to this we should be able to begin a week today, no?

Drafts completed prior to March 20th will include all games taking place in Japan at the beginning of the regular season. If you do not wish to include those games you will need to draft between March 20th and March 27th. This will allow you to begin your season during week 1 but exclude the games in Japan. If you draft after March 27th, your season will begin April 8th, which is the start of week 2. You can find additional information here: Week 1 scoring deadlines

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Even if true, can the settings even be changed at this point?

5. outofplace

We should, but when I tried to fix that before the draft, the site wouldn't allow it. I looked again last night and had the same issue. It's not ideal, but sometimes with these stat services, you get what you pay for.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I think it’s like that for all head to head leagues.

It appears Yahoo has linked the two games in Japan to the the four days of games this week and all of next week as Week 1 of the season.

7. outofplace

That's what it looks like to me, too. It is stupid and annoying, but we're stuck with it.

8. Regan MacNeil

The league starts today.

Also, @Guy_Incognito, I made a counteroffer.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Does it? Looks like it starts NEXT Sunday.
    I did too.

10. Regan MacNeil

Wait, we aren't even in Week 2 yet?

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Right, and I meant next Monday. 4/8.

12. outofplace

My understanding is that we start April 8. As I mentioned previously, Yahoo wouldn't let me move it up even before the draft.

Draft saved Draft deleted