1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

ROH 17th anniversary tomorrow. Some important and very good matches can come out of this.

Taven vs. Lethal. Do they do a double pin and have a four-way dance at The Garden between Taven/Lethal/Scurll/King.

Will the Brisoces and Brody King/PCO destroy each other in a no DQ tag title war?

Is Bandito vs. RUSH going to be a MOTY candidate?

I have to work all day and wont' see the PPV live, but man I'm looking forward to it.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Flip an ambulance, crush two wrestlers with light rigging: get off scot-free.

Slap a ref: fined and public reprimand.

But it was OK when Charlotte went after the refs when she beat down Ronda at Survivor Series. Or when Shane manhandled the ring announcer Tuesday.

This stuff is beyond ridiculous sometimes.

3. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Man, he was like a piece of iron

4. nietsroob17

Just give Becky Lynch all the gold.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  5. nietsroob17

It's 3/16, so you know what that means:

HAPPY COLD STONE DAY!!!

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  6. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

ROH17th Anniversary was damn good.

Taven and Lethal went to a 60-minute draw.

PCO/King and The Briscoes were absolutely nuts in that title match that saw new tag champs.

RUSH vs. Bandito ... wow.

Setting up for NYC and G1Supercard

3-way Ladder match: Scurll/Lethal/Taven

Dalton Castle vs. RUSH

Villain Enterprises vs. the NJPW tag champs probably.

Others to be added obviously but that's all I can recall from what I've seen for now.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  8. nietsroob17

Bleccch ... Angle vs. Corbin at WrestleMania? The one time many people actually WANTED to see Cena.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, nobody cares about Corbin, although he’s a good heat magnet. Maybe they’re doing this as a tease and Cena will take the spot?

Also, this women’s segment started fine, then has just fallen apart. They go to commercial as they set up a match. Poor timing.

10. nietsroob17

Angle vs. Corbin in a prime spot at WrestleMania, and Braun in the battle royal and messing with the SNL stooges?

They couldn't have at least brought Nicholas back for a tag match against Che and Jost?

[​IMG]

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

About to be two weeks from Wrestlemania and still no sign of, mention of, or apparent storyline for the Undertaker?
    Is he sitting this one out?

12. nietsroob17

I don't see any place for him, unless it's a cameo-type appearance, like during Elias' performance.

Draft saved Draft deleted