1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Thanks for having me. Now I'm going to immediately become a pain in the ass. Yahoo has it set up so that drafts occurring after March 19 do not begin scoring when the season opens in Japan. Personally, I'd prefer to begin our season with the MLB season, so I'd advocate for a date/time before March 20.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Weeknight drafts are not good for me and I'm not sure we could settle on a time this weekend that quickly. It's why I went with the following weekend.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this weekend would be tough, especially with St. Patrick's Day on Sunday (we're all Irish on Sunday!). No worries. I may have to autodraft. Midday on a Sunday is prime family time.

4. outofplace

Sorry about that. Live drafts are always a little tough to set up. I hope you can be there for part or all of it, but family time should always come first.

I did notice the issue you pointed out a day or two ago, but didn't want to open up another an of worms with scheduling.

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3 o'clock eastern?

6. outofplace

That is correct.

7. outofplace

I have heard no complaints, so it looks like we're locked into 3 p.m. Eastern March 24 for the draft. I know the timing is going to be tight for some of us that day, so we're sticking with a draft, not an auction.

Without a strong push for keepers, let's keep it simple and stick to a redraft. I do have one question we can still adjust by draft day. The default on Yahoo is to go to the end of the season without playoffs, which is fine with me. If anybody would like to speak up for going with a four-week playoff, speak now, please.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Either way is fine.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I want playoffs. I want suspense at the end.

If someone somehow ran away with a great W-L record, the end of the long season would be anti-climatic and a lot of folks would lose interest. I’m in favor of keeping people engaged in the league.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. outofplace

I'm open on this one. I will say that I'd go with four teams and the playoffs would end Sept. 22. I hate having playoffs go into the final week of the season. Too many good players sit that week.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Fine with me.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Good, or 6 with 2 byes. How many total teams do we have? 10 or 12?

Draft saved Draft deleted