1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bradley cuts off beat writer Dave Reynolds

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by nafselon, Mar 16, 2019.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

3. Writer

Writer Member

Bradley is getting shredded on Twitter.

4. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

nafselon and Baron Scicluna like this.
  5. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

I just don’t get what Bradley thought it was going to accomplish here. Even if you thought that the beat writer was a jerk, why are you punishing your fans who are subscribers to his newspaper? If this is on the coach or AD, shame on them for being so thin-skinned. If this is on the SID, shame on them for not knowing that these battles are rarely won by the entity pulling the access (and not being self-aware enough to know that a school like Bradley isn’t important enough to record one of those rare wins).

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Why pick a fight with the only newspaper on earth that gives a shit about Bradley basketball? The athletic department must be VERY confident there's no element of sports at the school that isn't purer than Ivory soap.

BurnsWhenIPee and RonClements like this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I think I saw this on Twitter: a recommendation for the media at the tournament site to walk up and out of the interview area when Bradley's coach appears for his 20 minutes. I'd be so up for this.

8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Dave even went as far as to travel to their game at Georgia Southern earlier this season. Who else would care enough to do that for a borderline mid-major?

9. Writer

Writer Member

10. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

As soon as the story spread the University had no other option.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

What the fuck is the Bradley brand?
    Blow all of this sky-high already.
    The NCAA edifice is rotten through.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They have no brand.

That line was a dumbass thing that fell out of a Bradley flunkie’s mouth. He’s probably just another overzealous SID who’s trying too hard to suck up to the latest basketball coach in the building.

Stoney, Tweener and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted