1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in cops gone feral

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 1, 2017.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do wonder what happens to cops after these cases aren't prosecuted. Not saying they all should be - but there is a difference between justified and necessary - whether proper police procedure was used. If it wasn't and that led to death - that is a problem. If "proper procedure" is leading to needless death - something should change.
    If someone is by themselves and contained - police can always deescalate a situation by backing off. Do I expect police to be mindreaders? No. But I do assume they have more experience in these situations than the people they are dealing with.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Best job you can have. Retired by 50, defined benefit pension you can double dip and you can kill as many of 'em coloreds as you like and get away with it.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Is that a normal pairing of convictions?

The only murder he was "attempting" . . . succeeded.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm convinced that when most officers do a threat assessment and consider the "escalation of force" spectrum. Approaching a person of color immediately pushes things up a notch higher than it would be for a white person. If it's a male person of color - it probably goes up two notches higher. I've seen it too many times. And then when the person of color grows alarmed and thinks the officer might hurt them, their reaction raises it another notch.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

All cops are bastards. The one who don't do this shit protect the ones who do.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted