1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's funny, Andy Reid doesn't have any personnel control in KC, but he seems to attract players with "off-field issues."

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

On an unrelated note, haven’t heard about Reid’s sons getting in any trouble lately

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Browns have been a trainwreck for the last 20 years. Might as well be an entertaining trainwreck for once.

And Simmons, by all accounts, appears to be one of those rare guys who has truly learned from a stupid mistake at a young age. I don't think he ever had a single negative thing attributed to him during his time at Mississippi State. Even the incident that put him under the microscope might have been a little overblown.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Dying will settle a man down some.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think it's insurance for Mariota, in case he misses 2-3 games. Tennessee has a playoff roster and doesn't want to fall off a cliff for 3 games because the backup stinks.

Mariota's TD numbers in the last 2 years (13 and 11) just won't cut it. And he takes too many sacks.

In other words, he's a lot like Tannehill.

6. DanOregon

That's the thing though - Mariota's in a walk year - it's a year you absolutely wouldn't mind having someone walk because you have four QBs in the '20 draft. If Mariota is healthy and good? great. If you go 5-11 great. If you bounce between Mariota and Tannehill and finish 7-9 - not great.
    And Tannehil is in a walk year as well. 10-6 and playoffs and a healthy Mariota who goes to the Pro Bowl - give him a franchise deal. No playoffs - Sign Tannehil to two years $15 mil and hope you can get Tua.

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Mariota is definitely missing 2-3 games.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

That kind of makes me laugh. I get it. I'm sure Nick Saban is amazed at the work Belichick has to do. Nice thing about Bama - no salary cap.

10. DanOregon

I almost wonder if Kraft is going to accept the deal in his case. "With the desire to not be a distraction to the team and to move forward...." If it goes to trial - even if he's acquitted, he loses just with the cases being presented.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Bengals release Vontaze Burfict, perhaps the dirtiest player in the NFL and then the Raiders promptly sign him. Of course. He’ll make a perfect Raider.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted