1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass shootings in New Zealand mosques

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Mar 14, 2019.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Try not to grave-dance. It’s a great day for the gun industry. Enjoy your victory and have some respect for the dead.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

No, you're thinking of Mr. Rogers. The real Jesus smokes cigars, drives an SUV, carries an AR-15, and runs over gays, illegal immigrants and endangered species if he doesn't shoot them first.

cyclingwriter2 and heyabbott like this.
  3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I'm sure if everyone had a gun in Nevada, he would have stopped.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yes, because it's so easy to take out a shooter who is hundreds of yards away and dozens of stories off the ground.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sure, and if they brought guns to the mosque for protection, you’d be screeching that they’re a violent religion because they’re bringing weapons to their house of worship.

6. Baron Scicluna

Ever notice that whenever someone insists the world should follow a certain deity, they always just happen to be followers of said deity?

Coincidence, I’m sure.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I'm sure my concealed handgun would have taken out the guy with the assault rifle. All I need to do is get 15 feet from him/her.

8. Baron Scicluna

He also couldn’t hit a curveball.

UPChip, Della9250 and HanSenSE like this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I'm sure the first responders would have known I was the good guy with a gun. My shooting at the bad would help them and not slow them down in any way.

I support the police by trying my best not to shoot them with my own gun in a confusing situation.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Surprised the guy just didn’t join the US Army. You get to kill brown civilians with impunity and everyone has to cheer you at sporting events.

OscarMadison and tapintoamerica like this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, like many other enlightened nations, NZ has abolished the death penalty.

Draft saved Draft deleted