1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LanceyHoward, Jan 1, 2019.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

To be fair, nobody can coach effectively at William and Mary.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Did Mark Sturgeon, stinks like a fish, lose his today?

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Ernie Kent out at Wazzu.

Maurice Joseph out at George Washington.

Hopefully there will be another A-10 coach fired shortly.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can't believe Kent had three years left on his deal. Wazzu hadn't done anything since he's been there. And Dana Altman is now signed through 2025 in Eugene.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Shaka Shaka Shaka Shaka Gone?

Shaka Gone?

Shaka Gone?

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'd take him at one particular A-10 school in a heartbeat. Right fucking now, no questions asked.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Appalachian State discovers it has a basketball program and cans Jim Fox.

8. DanOregon

I realize Cal is cash-strapped, but I can't remember a time when their basketball program was this bad. And it isn't like there is a McDonald's All-American on the way either - nothing but three-stars. Sure Wyking Jones is only in his second year, but damn. Figure that school would get some decent talent on grad transfers alone - Cal's graduate programs are top-notch and getting an in there should be enough to get someone decent.

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I don't think that a grad transfer would have the time to handle a Cal graduate program and play a sport.

10. DanOregon

But if you're not likely an NBA draftee - seems like a year playing hoops to get into a good grad program at Cal would be a decent option. You can always go back and finish up - getting the initial admission is the toughest part.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Can’t wait for Texas and ATM to get into a bidding war for Buzz Williams and for Hokies basketball to go back to what it has been for most of the past 100 years: something to get the lunch box-toting, Metallica-humming set looking forward to that oxymoron known as spring football.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So what's the why on Shaka Smart? I would have bet folding money he was going to succeed in Austin.

Draft saved Draft deleted