1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

They should make Hunt serve the suspension non consecutively. Like two weeks per month, with a two-week furlough.

2. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Eight games? Is the NFL ignoring the two other incidents involving Hunt, or do they not count because they didn't make it to YouTube?

Browns fans are giddy about this "punishment." This Browns team is getting an out-of-control bandwagon thanks to a few wins, a talented young quarterback and a trade. Twenty years of shit football apparently will make looking the other way from a woman-beating running back and a homophobic assistant coach (with talk of adding Jeffery Simmons in the draft) pretty easy.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I think I hear someone's music playing in Miami ...

[​IMG]

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That's a weird trade. Tannehill and Marriotta have very similar profiles. Seems like you'd go for someone more experienced, or someone who might be on the cusp of being a starter. Who trades for a backup?

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The Pats and Seahawks come to mind. I think it is a lot more common than you think

7. CD Boogie

Teams that don't want their entire seasons to go to shit if their starter goes down. I think it's savvy. Too many teams -- including my rooting interest, the Steelers -- have dog shit on the QB depth chart, while others have Drew Brees and Teddy Bridgewater.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Chiefs have to cut him, right?

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

who could have seen that coming

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think its a weird trade for Tennessee. Newish coach - I could see him dumping Mariotta and playing a scrub to tank for Tua, but having two middling qbs on a roster is weird. Mariotta is getting $20 mil on the last year of his deal. The worst thing is neither Mariotta or Tannehill stink enough to guarantee a top five pick.

Anyone else thinking the moves teams are making indicate there is more interest in the '20 QBs than the '19 QBs outside of Murray? The Redskins, Dolphins and Broncos particularly.

12. CD Boogie

JFC, he broke his 3 year old son’s arm? Career over, asshole

Draft saved Draft deleted