1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Perfect film moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Mar 8, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The best part of that movie was seeing Vader in full-on badass mode.

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

"You need to call it. I can't call it for you. It wouldn't be fair. It wouldn't even be right."
    "I didn't put nothin' up."
    "Yes you did. You been putting it up your whole life. You just didn't know it."

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

"O Captain, My Captain!"

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

"There will be generations because of what you did."
    "I didn't do enough."

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

"Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Alotta moments in that movie.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I usually don't remember all the scenes, but in a couple of movies I liked:
    "Troy" when the Trojan scout inadvertently discovers the Greek fleet tucked into the little cove, then is killed a few seconds later.
    "Independence Day" the first time they reveal the aliens.

8. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

No. 1 ... from "The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3" (original version) ... when one of the suspects sneezes as the cop leaves his apartment.
    No. 2 ...from "The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3" (original version) ... when the cops realize, with the hijackers in the subway, they wouldn't realize whether the ransom money made it to the necessary spot on time.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Meant to go looking for that one when the thread first started but never got around to it. Well done.

JRoyal likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That scene, in particular, will now show kids who watch the whole series in order, WHY Darth Vader is supposed to be so terrifying.

In the original trilogy, it always seemed that Vader's reputation was inflated. Especially in ANH, Ep. 4, in which he gets bossed around and shit-talked by the assistant-Grand Moff guy.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Tears are flowing too freely to fully appreciate how Ray embraces his glove after he receives the first catch. It’s a detail I never noticed until I watched this scene on a smartphone.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm trying to think of a moment like these in a comic book movie. Maybe the scene with T'Challa and Killmonger at the end of Black Panther. The scene with the Avengers assembling in Avengers, especially Captain America saying, "Hulk....smash."

Maybe the "Puny god" scene?

The airport battle in Civil War?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted