1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My 87 year old uncle in ICU after getting assaulted...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CD Boogie, Mar 14, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

So these were two texts I wasn’t expecting to get today from my sister about my 87 year old uncle:

“Tim riding bike. Attacked by dogs. Then when dogs not controlled he told owner to get dog under control...guy hit him and his neck is broken. In hospital. Surgery pending.”

“He can move arms and legs. (His daughter) doesnt know what part was broken. He is on blood thinners so he was bleeding like crazy....guy actually drove him home and then (my aunt) called ambulance. Police involved.”

I’m trying to get more details. Like how old the assailant is. And yes, this happened in Florida.

Sent these two texts to my gf and her response was: “You just never know what's in store for you when you leave home in the morning.”

Again, my uncle is 87. He’s a cancer survivor but he’s in good shape for his age. But I can’t imagine a scenario where he’d do something to justify getting jacked like this. Unless the other guy was 87 too, but somehow doubt it.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Damn, that's awful. Hope you uncle recovers fully and quickly and the other guy goes to jail

CD Boogie likes this.
  3. ICanRowCanoe?

ICanRowCanoe? Member

Geez, that's horrible. Hope he recovers quickly and the other guy is brought to justice.

CD Boogie likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers. And we're here for you, Boogie.

CD Boogie likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Awful. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery.

CD Boogie likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sorry about what happened to your uncle, CD. I hope he recovers, and yes, I hope the guy who assaulted him pays a heavy prie.

CD Boogie likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's a mean old world. I hope that he recovers fully. Prayers for the family.

CD Boogie likes this.
  8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Just seeking clarification: the assailant didn’t drive him home, right? That’s how the sentence read when I first saw it.

I’m sorry CD. Good thoughts sent your way. It amazes me how cruel people are to each other.

CD Boogie likes this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Sorry your uncle had to come across the small percentage of awfulness that exsists in our society today.

I hope the best that can possibly happen from this point forward does.

CD Boogie likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Hoping for the best, Boogie.

Did I read your post correctly? The guy who hit him also drove him home?

CD Boogie likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yes, he drove him home.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No offense, but that is just bizarre.

Draft saved Draft deleted