1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

More fun with Fucko's show of hands ...

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

My point expressed much better tthan I could.

Vance’s Manafort Moment

As Harvey Silverglate posited, we all commit three felonies a day. I personally believe Harvey was being kind by limiting it to three. If the government stuck its proctoscope up any enemy’s arse, it would find shit. Maybe intentional wrongs. Maybe the banal sort of felonies that no one knows exist or thinks about. It doesn’t matter. They’re there. They will be found if they look hard enough. Not you, of course, because you’re pure as the driven snow, but the rest of us are at risk of the government putting our lives under its very special microscope in search of a reason to prosecute and then to punish us.

Sure, this time its Manafort, and you hate him so you can blink a few times and pretend this only happened because he deserves it, plus it’s necessary to prevent the greater injustice of Trump pardoning Manafort and this tacky old man not wearing an orange jumpsuit. What if he comes out to murder again? Or sign a false residential mortgage application?

This is a political prosecution, not because Manafort didn’t commit a crime, but because it is motivated by government using its prosecutorial powers to guarantee that a political enemy will be punished, no matter what. That’s an abuse far more damaging to our sovereignty than a false mortgage application can ever be. But it gave Cy Vance his Manafort moment, and made the vicious animal in the dark hearts of progressives drool with pleasure.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's still a breathtakingly stupid point.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Hmm, Starman might just be right about POTUS' weight.

D1pyOrgXgAUgj_E.png

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

At his height, don't fucking tell me that's not 3 bills.

7. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

If you were in high school and college during the Reagan years, you're on the cusp of the Baby Boomer Generation (those born from 46-64, which would have them graduating high school in '82).

I'm generalizing here, but many boomers enjoyed quite a few benefits growing up. They had lower cost of living, a strong job market, affordable education, etc. Then, as they got into power as executives, managers, and politicians, they've done everything possible to hold onto the status handed to them. In the process, they've borrowed and stolen from the subsequent generations.

But because they made it (with plenty of help they refuse to acknowledge), they don't understand why others can't. They're unempathetic, unforgiving, selfish, and uninterested in learning about how other people live.

It's Vox, but here's a good overview of how Baby Boomers screwed us all.

How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

315, 320.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They are the quintessential generation that got an inheritance but refused to pass it on.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

As always, accuse your foe of that which you are guilty. That is the Trumpublican way.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

13 months ago, he was going to disarm the MSD suspect singlehandedly. Now he's farming it out to Bikers for Trump.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Outside of overturning Obamacare - well, what has been overturned, to be accurate - I can't think of anything he's tried to play ball with Congress on. I'll include the shutdown, since it was the same deal he had before Hannity, Rush, ect. got wind of it. Otherwise it's been "It's up to the Democrats to ... hey, gotta catch a plane now so I don't miss tee time."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.