1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Analytics and the decline of Baseball's popularity?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Vaping and jerking off to TikTok videos.

Whatever happened to good old cybersex in AOL chatrooms?

These kids nowadays. Harrumph.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I live literally across the street from our elementary school which has a nice baseball field (and the other stuff like hoops, etc.) In 12 years I've never seen a pickup game of baseball. Oh its used for little league, etc. but never a pickup game. Yeah its beating a dead horse, but 40+ yrs ago when I was a kid, we played "Pitcher's Hand" and "Right field's closed" all day. Even if they had offered video games and live streaming, I'm not sure I would've chosen that over a pickup game of baseball at the local school (a la Sandlot).

misterbc and maumann like this.
  3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

So that's what TikTok is good for.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I remember when the Atari 2600 debuted. Adventure and Space Invaders marathons ruined many a pick-up game in my neighborhood.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yep, TikTok, as near as I can tell, pretty much consists of smoking hot 15-16 year old girls wearing super skimpy outfits, sticking various things right into the camera.

Somehow my 19-year-old nephew happened to mention, he has friends (in college) who watch hours and hours of TikTok videos every day, so I asked him if his friends were aware there are channels on the intertoobs where girls (presumably legal) actually take their clothes off.

He said, "they know but they don't care."

I just shook my head. These kids nowadays.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

So this is the first I’ve heard of TikTok. I went to the website and saw someone spray Glade on their hands, rinse them off and then walk into another room. That was it, the whole thing. I watched one of some girl just shaking her head so her long curls would fly about wildly.

And I thought, This is what passes for teen entertainment these days? Jeebus and Tebow.

Now get off my lawn.

Draft saved Draft deleted