1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coors Light v. Bud Light

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I used to drink beer in attempts to “hydrate.”

It rarely ended well.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I have a bunch of alcoholic friends from college, we go to vegas every year to watch football.
    One morning we had a few bloody marys in the morning, and then the next few hours were drinking Coors light while watching the games.

"We better start drinking again, I'm losing my buzz" my buddy said as he downed his fourth Coors light.

I like light beers, I quit caring what other people thought long ago. Many IPAs are like eating a fucking meal, they are so heavy. Many other quality beers are just too hoppy or bitter for my tastes.

Iron_chet and Chef2 like this.
  3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

One or two craft beers is nice, more than that in one night out and I'm just setting money on fire, given how I'm way, way out of my old college drinkin' shape. By the fourth or fifth I should be drinking out of a can that says BEER like some 70's TV show.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

playthrough likes this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This is kind of my MO of late. Start with the good stuff, finish with the swill.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Bud Light ... aka Sex in a Canoe.

Why? It's fucking close to water.

garrow and Chef2 like this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Americans invented mass market swill. The only one I’ll consider is good old Miller High Life. The Champagne of Beers. My lucky beer.

playthrough and Liut like this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Only in a bottle or on draft though. It tastes dreadful out of a can for some reason.

Liut likes this.
  9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I've been splurging on Budweiser lately. Was thinking just a couple of weeks ago, "Wonder how many years it's been since I sucked down a Bud?"

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

True.

playthrough likes this.
  11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I love me some heavy, but you can't eat a big meal while drinking it.
    Also, I don't recommend getting drunk on them. A Bud Heavy hangover isn't a pleasant hangover.

12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Any idea how old this spot is? Was it a creation of Busch IV's genius?

Draft saved Draft deleted