1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coors Light v. Bud Light

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Like asking if you'd rather get kicked in the nuts or in the side of the head.

Me......it doesn't matter if I drink 1 or 13 Coors Lights......I get a bad headache.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Bud Light has become my all-day go-to during college hoops/soccer marathons. The $6 pitchers don't hurt. I used to hate it, but if you want to watch a college hoops game at 1 and still be alive for a 7 p.m. hockey puck drop, you make concessions.

I believe Bud Light has slightly more flavor than Coors Light, but I'd drink either.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I dislike Bud Light. Hint of sweetness, whereas with Coors Light you get the crisp, clean taste of the aluminum can.
    Do not drink light beer except on a real hot day on the golf course if the drinks cart comes by I'll ask the girl for a Miller Lite and a cup with ice in it.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Neither. NFW.

Cue the How About No Bear.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

c) Miller Lite. But if someone's handing me a free one, anything is fine.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Ice in your beer? what the hell is the matter with you?

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm not a beer snob at all. Other than Coors Light, if it's cold and within reach, I'll drink it.
    In my beer fridge right now is a half case of PBR, and about 3/4 case of the new Natty Light......Naturday.
    [​IMG]

It's not awful.

Iron_chet likes this.
  8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I denounce this.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Light beer is not beer. It is a semisoft drink without sugar, which is to my taste when I'm really hot and thirsty.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Coors Light is beer-flavored Kool-Aid.

But it's not bad to drink in huge chugging gulps on 105-degree days.

Back when I was actively drinking, I'd down a can of Coors Light in two swallows on blazing hot days. OHH YEAHHHH!

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's still swill. I don't drink that much anymore, but when I do, I choose quality libations that I can enjoy.

I'm not judging y'all, your tastes and priorities are your own.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, you buy different beers to drink with meals, or parties, or for screwing around in the yard on a really hot day.

Sometimes flavor and texture are a big deal, other times it's raw hydration.

Draft saved Draft deleted