1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

It's a step back from Pittsburgh, but I don't think the Jet OL is that bad. Bell might catch 80 balls though - they could use a weapon or two for Darnold.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Adam Schefter going on Sportscenter with two phones and taking calls and texting - while he's the guest - is frigging douchetastic.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He got plenty of targets as a receiver in Pittsburgh. Also, I'm fine with changing my characterization of the Jets' offensive line from weak to weaker. The point still stands. He does not have as much help with the Jets as he had with the Steelers.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The Giants have officially transitioned from the most-admired, rock-solid Mara ownership, to the GM/puppet anything-for-a-headline Hollywood Tisch ownership.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Adam seems to forget where came from. Maybe he needs to remember the times he was a 24-year old snot-nosed little shit ass writing for The Rocky instead of all this look at me look at me shit.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Nah, they just hired a complete imbecile as GM.

7. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's gonna be awful lonely on the 2019 Ravens defense, but it sure makes more sense than their brief Bell flirtation.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think we can agree, Bell is out for himself and others be damned. And if he hurt the Steelers organization more particularly he’s very happy and satisfied to have done that.

And the Jets, like the Raiders, will be getting a player more mercenary than most.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Ravens lost a lot on defense, but they should still have a very good secondary with the addition of Thomas.

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

On top of which, the Jets' offensive line has to get used to his unique style of running. He is way more patient than other backs, which means linemen need to stay on their blocks longer and anticipate cutbacks, which can lead to holding penalties. In his first 11 games in Pittsburgh, he averaged less than 4 yards per carry in 7 of the games, and he didn't notch his first 100-yard game until week 12. I'd expect a slow start for him.

Draft saved Draft deleted