1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I would love to meet a person who confuses the two movies.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I would be worried for a person who confuses the two movies.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  4. outofplace

I'm familiar with both, but they are quite different in tone.

Also, Shazam won't have the He Man Women Haters Club screwing with its Rotten Tomatoes rating as they are with Captain Marvel. Apparently, they weren't very happy with Brie Larson calling for more inclusive press conferences.

I like Clark Gregg's response.

"There are people that get very bent out of shape about the fact that she's a woman, and that Brie's a woman, and wants to see women moving into an equal place in humanity to men. It's sad. It must be sad to be that kind of dinosaur wandering towards the tar pits."

Captain Marvel's Agent Coulson Has a Strong Message For Haters

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

CM...

Good solid movie. Not one of the best MCU has put out but not bad either.

If you look at the entire MCU as a huge novel and each movie is a chapter, then the job of fitting this chapter into everything becomes much more clear. It is a great chapter when you look at moving the plot line forward and explaining why a lot of things in the MCU are a certain way.

This film is much better for a Marvel junkie than someone who has only seen a few. I have a hard time believing anyone who says they love Marvel but hated this movie.

Ben Mendelsohn steals the movie.

6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Apollo 11

Different than the usual documentary. All of it was taken from the actual NASA footage, no narrator.

maumann likes this.
  7. outofplace

He really is excellent. That may be one of the movie's flaws. He and Jackson kind of overshadow Larson. At times, Benning does as well.

Then there is Goose...

My wife was bored. My daughter liked it a little better, but didn't love it. I agree with you. It is a solid movie, but not one of the best in the MCU. I can get well past my top 10 before I would get to Captain Marvel.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

My daughter said after the movie that CM is her favorite Avenger. They did their job there.

And is the straight "man" to Starlord's quips.

Now that I am thinking of her working with Rocket, Groot and others, IK like her character even more. She's going to be a great fit.

9. outofplace

Actually, I can see her more than holding her own in terms of quips based on how they played her in this movie.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That is a really deep pull. I doubt anyone is going to be confusing the Shazam and Marvel movies because of their comic book origin. If you know both origins, I'm going to guess you know the difference between the two today. My guess if anyone confuses the two movies it is going to be some out of touch person who doesn't follow comic book movies who just sees super hero and conflates the two. I'm thinking of my former step mom who used to call McDonalds' large size for fries "super deluxe size." I think she meant "super size" but it became a catch all.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Talk about false advertisement; wifey and I thought we'd avoid serious stuff and instead of"Ben is Back" or "Boy Erased" we went with "Instant Family"; Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne, some easy family humor kids throwing food, etc. (at least from preview)......um NOPE. It was about foster parenting and damn that was so emotional. Very well done; my heart goes out to all of the foster parents that devote so much of their time and love to those kids. Highly recommend, just know its not a fun fest.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted