1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It just can't be any later than that. Going on family vacation starting the next day.

Did we decide on whether we're doing keepers? I'm fine with it. Won't be heartbroken if we don't.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm voting no on keepers. That's just a personal preference because I've already got two keeper leagues and starting from scratch every year in one league appeals to me. I'm willing to be convinced otherwise or outvoted, but time is running short to make that sort of change.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I vote yes on keepers from last year. Two would be fine.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'm gonna vote no on carryovers from last year. I have no idea how shitty the team was that I'm taking over.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

If Magnify Yanks doesn't get back in and I'm fortunate enough to join, I'd vote yes on keepers no matter which team I take over, but I'm OK with whatever. I think keepers give every team, even those out of contention, a reason to stay involved from start to finish.

If you're 30 games out in mid-July and someone wants to acquire Bryce Harper from you, there's no reason for you to make any kind of move. If you're allowed a few keepers and someone offers you Vladito Guerrero, suddenly, there's reason to keep involved in the league.

Just my $0.02.

6. outofplace

Honestly, I hadn't considered keeping players from last year. We really couldn't. The rosters were cleared. If we are going to switch to keepers, it would be starting this year and going forward.

I don't think it is ever fair to switch to keepers when people played the previous season as a redraft. I know the NIAFL did it one year, but I thought it was a bad idea then and I still think so. If we are going to change, it would have to be decided now and we would have keepers from the 2019 rosters for 2020.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I vote no keepers. It entails another set of rules and we have a hard enough time deciding other things in this league.

8. outofplace

Fair point. Honestly, that's the problem with me trying to be too democratic. Maybe I should have gone the other way. "Here are the rules. Who wants to play?" Maybe next time.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I am in a long-time keeper league, I am cool with no keepers here.

10. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

No-keepers for me.

11. outofplace

Magnify Yanks failed to respond. The team has been removed. bigpern, the spot is yours if you still want it. Please send me a PM with the email address so I can send you the invitation.

Also, the tentative draft time and date is 3 p.m. March 24. That is a Sunday. So far, I haven't heard from anybody saying they can't make it.

12. outofplace

bigpern is in, so we're full. So far, it looks like the tentative draft date and time is good.

John B. Foster likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted