1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Perfect film moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Mar 8, 2019.

1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

What's your perfect film moment? It could be a scene or just a few seconds in a film where all of the elements come together to create that special piece of cinema magic.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Rocky getting up at the count of nine and then waving Apollo to come get him as Apollo turns to his corner as if to say, “What do I have to do to beat this guy?”

exmediahack and John B. Foster like this.
  4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

When all the caddies come together and swim to the Nutcracker in Caddyshack.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Quint's telling of the sinking of the U.S.S. Indianapolis.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

When Kevin Spacey walks out of the police station in Usual Suspects

7. ringer

ringer Active Member

These:

In "Moonstruck," when Cher smacks Nicolas Cage and says "Snap out of it!"

And the"Caddyshack" pool scene when everyone thinks the Baby Ruth is a turd.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Old Man watching Ralphie unwrap the Red Ryder BB gun on Christmas morning.
    Darren McGavin nailed that look of being both a proud, loving father and of being whisked back to when he was 8 years old and in Ralphie's place. At the same time, the look the mother gives when she sees the Old Man's expression is perfection. She sees how much it means to the Old Man, gives him a loving look, and finally caves on letting Ralphie have the BB gun. She does it for her husband as much as she does it to make her child happy.
    So many perfect emotions conveyed with hardly any words, at the one spot in the movie that needed it most.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The first thing I thought of, but Scheider's question is so choppily edited in, that always throws me off.

The entire crowd never rushes the floor in tournament play.

Love that detail.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I actually don't even like the movie that much, but the first thing that popped into my head is the fake orgasm scene in When Harry Met Sally.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Ron Jeremy’s scenes are even better. And real.

Batman likes this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So many. Here's one ... the look she gives him when he tells her to find a good man, wrenching.

John B. Foster likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted