1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The R. Kelly cult

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Helluva news day. Robert Kraft and R. Kelly. Jussie Smollett is thankful.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So is the Trumpist hero Coast Guard white nationalist, whose arrest is getting too much attention according to the Fox News crowd. Quite a klan they have there.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

“Eventually”

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Dude should have Budd Dwyered himself on Gayle King. He’s done.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He had a heckuva day yesterday. Has a major meltdown on the CBS morning interview that will be replayed endlessly the next few decades. Then goes to court because he owes a lot of child support and gets sent to jail.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Social media lauding Gayle (I'm a journalist, not just Oprah's BFF) King for the interview, which never should have happened in the first place.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Other than that "I believe I can fly" song, I can't name a single tune by R. Kelly, and I'm amazed he had the financial wherewithal to organize this sex cult for himself.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

She did a great job.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

you are in for a treat for this is his magnum opus

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

R. Kelly said his ex-wife "destroyed his name".

How?

His name was already down to an "R."

12. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Priscilla was 14 years old when Elvis met her.[40] Elvis' relationships with young women were pointed in "In his love life," by Reuben Fine, who observed that Elvis "quickly became attached to teenage girls, and he loved to have them wearing white panties in bed with him. For a long time he would not have sex with them, whom he described as 'jail bait.' "[41] In similar terms, Brent D. Taylor has stated that "Elvis's closest female relationships were usually with young girls of around 13 or 14, ending as they reached late teens. He didn't have sex with these young girls, but had pajama parties, pillow fights and indulged in 'girl talk', just as he did with Gladys."[42] "As a perpetual youth", Elvis was "attracted to young women",[43] and "Elvis felt comfortable with these adolescent girls" because he "was so insecure

Personal relationships of Elvis Presley - Wikipedia

Draft saved Draft deleted