1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And why has Michael Jackson been spared eternal public damnation?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Mar 3, 2019.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Watched both parts.

Brutal.

Those boys never had a chance. I was grateful when their wives were introduced into the film because, aside from Wade's brother, they are the only people who put Wade and James' well-being first.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

To answer the original thread questions, as Adam Carolla once said, "if you can dance, all is forgiven."

Michael Jackson and James Brown (who beat the hell out of just about every woman he ever knew) are two prime examples.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

fatty arbuckle would like a word

(the point is well-taken, though)

4. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

Anyone here watched a sporting event despite knowing that someone on the field of play was filth?
    Adrian Peterson beat his kids (and I think admitted he still does). Do you turn off the TV when he is handed the ball? Do the networks not show his games?
    That's just a name that popped into my head as I was typing this?

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I think I’ll pass.

6. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Saw part 2, interesting to me that Johnnie Cochran was on Jackson's legal/PR team.

Little known fact; before he morphed into Jackie Chiles, Cochran was a respected civil rights attorney who represented black victims of LAPD abuse.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Jackson is not unlike any celebrity who is a meal ticket - as long as you are producing, people will look the other way. When the headaches are bigger than the money you are bringing in - ADIOS. See also, Les Moonves, Bill O'Reilly, Barry Bonds, Matt Lauer, Roseanne,

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And when he was a prosecutor Cochran went after Lenny Bruce. Cochran was just a scum lawyer

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

What's also bizarre about this is how Jackson's own kids -- including two boys -- believe he's innocent and that they (to the best our knowledge) weren't abused by him.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This is MJ at a time where he was just a regular dude who sang and danced and seemed to be in his element.

Draft saved Draft deleted