1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in cops gone feral

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 1, 2017.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

This is....interesting.

A toddler gets out of a truck with their hands up to the cops. The person taking the video says the cops have the gun pointed at the baby but there's no confirmation of that.

Tallahassee child climbs out of truck with hands up to face TPD

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

This one raises a lot of questions,

The officer, 24-year-old Katlyn Alix, was in the living room of another officer who was on duty but at the home just before 1 a.m. when he "mishandled a firearm and shot (Alix) in the chest," police said in a written statement Thursday morning.

Police Chief John Hayden said two male officers who were on duty went to one of their homes during their shift. Alix, who was off duty, stopped by and was shot in the chest in what Hayden called the "accidental discharge of a weapon."

Prosecutor asks highway patrol to help investigate fatal shooting of St. Louis officer by fellow cop

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Well that explains it. It was a game. She lost.

Fatal End To An Alleged Game Of Russian Roulette For St. Louis Police Officer

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Two guys and one woman and the woman ends up dead sounds ... suspicious at best. I imagine I'm not the only one thinking infidelity was involved.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

#whiteprivilege

qtlaw and Tarheel316 like this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

So in a city near me (Millbrae CA, sorry reading fishwrap no link) guy died because he was tased after.......jaywalking. Ridiculous, how does jaywalking lead to death? LET HIM GO!! It’s not that important.

11. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Sacramento cops are not charged for killing unarmed Stephen Clark.

IMHO that is appropriate as their actions seemed to be motivated by cowardice as opposed to racial animus. Mr. Clark broke into cars, trespassed in back yards and ran from police. It was not even close to a "top ten" bad shooting. I haven't seen anywhere that the armed government workers (AGW) lost their jobs, they should have. If you are scared of people with browner skin, you should not be employed as an AGW.

In other news the Tulsa AGW who shot and killed an intoxicated man with browner skin for no reason, was not charged with civil rights violations. She was acquitted of local criminal charges a while ago. No surprise. Also no surprise but disappointing that after the good folks in Tulsa canned her ass, she was hired as an AGW by a neighboring Oklahoma county, her reputation as a trigger happy nigger killer apparently was an asset.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I read the story in the San Jose paper. Those pigs aren’t even being charged. They’re getting away with manslaughter. Disgusting.

Draft saved Draft deleted