1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kansas City radio guy gets fired up

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

He was acting like a student. He’s not. I agree he shouldn’t be fired but I’m fine with whatever Twitter shaming comes his way. His other option was not to try to get in the face of a 20 year old in the middle of a game.

He was apparently in seats owned by one of his employees, Sporting KC. That doesn’t help his cause.

2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Maybe you didn't get the point of my post: This is a non-story. The only reason it's a story is a bunch of social media freaks on twitter have made it their job to shame him. Big F'n deal. Some people just need to get a life.

spikechiquet likes this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The screaming KU douche among them?

4. Doc Holliday

He has a better life than you I bet.

5. Regan MacNeil

I like my life just fine. Definitely wouldn't want his as I loathe KU.

But I guess we can always count on you to stick up for all douchebags everywhere. I wonder why?

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Ha, what a comeback! Can I play? How are points awarded??

7. Regan MacNeil

We use the Calvinball scoring system. The current score is Q to 12.

daytonadan1983 likes this.
  8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Do the people who "just need to get a life" include the 40-something-year-old local radio guy who was seen on ESPN trying to taunt a college kid?

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

It was a bad four seconds of Nate’s life that happened to be captured on a national broadcast.

His Twitter shaming is his punishment. He wasn’t slapping around his woman or driving drunk.

I know him a little bit. Definitely not friends and I bet an incident like this won’t happen again.

Donny in his element and Liut like this.
  10. Doc Holliday

Who said I was sticking up for him? Since you can't seem to reason at all what my responses actually mean, let me spell it out for you. What I'm saying is you're as big a douchebag as he is for defending the douchebags railing on him on Twitter. Damn. Get over your sad self.

11. Regan MacNeil

And when the fuck did I do that? Literally all I did was call the guy a douche.

12. Doc Holliday

This is the difference between my generation and yours. You think shaming on Twitter is meaningful and worthwhile. Sad generation you live in. Find something more important to concern yourself with than shaming a douchebag fan pal.

spikechiquet likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted