1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chrissy Teigen seems like she needs a booze break

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CD Boogie, Feb 20, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/19/chrissy-teigen-chipped-a-tooth-while-filming-family-feud/

She has probably already exceeded the point of over-saturation. But she seems to have a genuine drinking problem.

“I can’t say if we won or lost family feud but we definitely brought a flask, I definitely chipped a tooth and there was definitely a record set,” the outspoken model and chef shared on Instagram.​

Those are troubling signs.

Grant you, if I were rich and famous, I'd definitely have serious substance abuse issues, what with the free time and the social anxiety when you're out and about.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Who knows if she's telling the truth.

At any rate, in culture right now women - especially moms - drinking with great regularity is a real cool thing. Wine as a "mom so hard" prop.

Teigen is indeed rich and can abscond off to a 30-day "break" or "respite" or "personal time" whenever she needs to do so, but it's another example of our absurdly decadent, celebrity-and-wealth-driven culture telling folks who can't afford to be drunks (financially or socially) to nevertheless be them. The majority of women in America can't suck down hard liquor at any frequency - or, say, ten glasses of wine a week - and manage that for very long. Yet drinking among women has gone way up since 2000:

Alcohol Consumption Among Women Is on the Rise

Imagine bragging about bringing a flask to a game show, knowing that, in doing that, there are millions of people who might find that endearing. Imagine thinking that chipping a tooth and drinking from a flask at a game show was a sign of authenticity.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    /approves

Chef2 and justgladtobehere like this.
  5. CD Boogie

Yeah, it's not endearing. She's 34 and has kids. It's a sign of a drinking problem. My gf can have two drinks tops before she's on the precipice of getting sloppy drunk. I have never had patience for my gf (or exes) drinking heavily. It's not a good look for a woman (I know, double standard) but they also put themselves at risk. Carrying a flask? Chipping a tooth? What does John Legend have to be doing -- that she's letting pass -- for him to stand by silently while she brags about that stuff on social media?

Their whole charade is wearing thin.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. CD Boogie

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Maybe you should go on Twitter and ask her to discuss her drinking problem.

8. CD Boogie

I’m sure others already have. But no, I am no longer on twitter and will never return. It’s a useless cesspool

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I know, I know. My cue to write.

Alcohol is ruinous and the current culture of advertising and shows presents wine as a way for women/mommies to deal with their problems.

Wine ruined my house and destroyed my marriage. Some can handle it. Some can’t.

A mommy who is sloppy drunk is never attractive.

Draft saved Draft deleted