1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Beatles Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jake_Taylor, Aug 5, 2017.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Channel 21, Little Steven’s Underground Garage. My primary XM music channel

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

How Peter Jackson’s new version of ‘Let It Be’ will shatter your view of The Beatles - NME

Well ... we'll see. Depends what gets used out of those 55 hours.

As I wrote on the "last movie you watched" thread a couple weeks ago, the original version of "Let it Be" was on YouTube at that time (it's since been yanked down), and contained some
    minor surprises, mainly that the supposedly baleful and disruptive influence of Yoko Ono in fact appeared pretty minimal. Mainly she just sat in the corner.

But since then some of the other raw rehearsal footage -- lengthy and quite boring in many instances -- has popped up on the tube, including lengthy sequences in which Yoko Ono appears every bit the screaming screeching intrusive obtrusive obnoxious dragon-bitch she was ever supposed to be, and John essentially as a drug-addled pussy-whipped zombie vacantly nodding along in a stupor to everything she did.

At some point she's adding her vocal stylings to some of Paul and George's songs, at which time it's easy to imagine either or both slamming their guitars to the floor, and saying, "look bitch, we put 'Revolution 9' on the White Album and that was fine and avant-garde and all that, and John if you want her on your songs that's up to you, but when we're recording MY songs you drag your ass right OUT of the studio, you got it?"

It'll be very very interesting if THAT comes out in the new LIB edition.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  3. Starman

This looks like it could be fun.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Just when you think every possible movie plot has been done...

Yes, this looks great.

5. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Agree. Looks interesting. Though, the scene where the producer (ed shereen?) tells him to change “hey jude” reminded me of the scene in Peggy sue Got Married where she gives the boyfriend the lyrics to “she loves you” and he alters them

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  6. Starman

So if you're "Jack" in this situation, what do you do?
    Roll out the biggest hits first, figuring you'll milk the cow for everything you can, as fast as you can?
    Or go in straight chronological order, figuring sequence was part of the secret?

7. Starman

I have no more clue as to the plot line than anybody else, but my guess from the trailer is some "outsiders" (the Ed Sheerhan guy or the brassy-chick agent-producer) force Jack to change some of the lyrics/music, and that snaps the spell -- "Hey Dude" does not become a worldwide anthem.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

He probably tries to remember as many as he can but has trouble.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The Beatles make a deal with God to erase their songs from everyone’s memory and give them to one man because the world needs them now as new songs to fight all the hate we are seeing globally.

10. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

As long as the ending doesn’t have a weather vane turn into Billy Preston, I’m good.

11. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Looks pretty good.

Spartan Squad, misterbc and garrow like this.
  12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I giggle at earlier suppositions for "fifth Beatle" posted on this thread (including possibly my own). .
    Oh good god, I already broke out the German-American dictionary once tonight. Don't make me break out the Billboard book too.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted